Thursday 23 September 2010

Blog off

Well, this will be my last blog post. I am sat in my flat, bags full to the brim and mountains of stuff without a bag. Never good. I have a feeling it is too late to buy another suitcase and I am certain my baggage allowance does not cover it.

Tomorrow is my last day in the HK office. I then fly to Japan for a week before coming back to HK for a night and then flying home to London. It will have been four months. Feels like forever and mere minutes all at the same time.

I can't believe how much I have missed while I have been away. Five babies, two weddings, a moving-in, multiple 30ths and other birthdays.

In place of this I have seen and learnt quite a lot! I have been to HK (clearly), Japan, Kuala Lumpar, Bali, Australia and Macau. My passport actually has stamps in in these days (EU really should have kept them). I have travel cards, maps and many pots with left over currency in. I've seen old friends and met new friends. I've learnt chopstick etiquette and eaten all kinds of oddities. I have also put on over a stone and my jeans currently do not do up. On reviewing prior posts this is not that much of a shock. Plan A for the UK is exercise and healthy eating ;)
Once I've found a flat that is...

This week I have actually been getting into the swing of HK (I still have a headache/hangover from the rugby last night...) I will miss it here. But I'm pretty sure I'm not gone forever. It is certainly on the list of places to return to. Not least as I never made it to the three star Chinese restaurant at the Four Seasons...

Thank you all for your comments / emails and skype calls. I apologise for the fact you tend to catch me with a face mask on looking like some kind of swamp creature. Where would we be without video con calls.

I land in the UK 2 October and I look forward to catching up. I cannot wait for cups of tea with cold milk, and cheese, and pubs (not bars), and ribena....

See you soon x

1 comment: