Monday 20 September 2010

T3

Whilst away on holiday I appear to have forgotten all the HK living basics. An example of this. Yesterday morning I left the house to go to work and did not take my umbrella.

By the time I came to leave the office some 12+ hours later we were at Typhoon Alert Level 3. Yes, that does involve rain. Quite a lot of it. Clearly this much rain means there are minimal-to-zero available taxis, so I walked (it is warm rain after all).

I was mildly alarmed that a number of the shops I went past had sandbagged the outside of their buildings. I've not seen that before!

This morning T3 (that's the alert) remains in force. Oh, and we also have a landslide warning. I'm not sure that my main focus should be that I am amused this has been named 'Tropical Depression Fanapani'. Brolly today me thinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment