Sunday 19 September 2010

More Sydney

I have been a bit neglectful of late but am now back on my sofa in honkers eating chocolate (only thing in the fridge other than a bottle of soy sauce). Health kick starts tomorrow. Maybe.

So, what did I do in Sydney?

Well, we went to the Opera House to See Sutra. A truly amazing dance performance involving choreography by Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, design by Anthony Gormley and the Shaolin monks. It is touring and well worth a visit (and not just as the choreographers surname contains all five vowels). Standing ovation from the crowd - always a favourite theatre moment of mine.

I took the ferry to Manly to eat chips and watch the surfers. A seagull snatched a chip from my fork as it was half in my mouth! I then understood why someone had shouted at some tourists for feeding the seagulls only moments earlier.

I had a domestic goddess on a healthkick moment and cooked a HUGE salad for us (it had roasted pumpkin (that is butternut squash for those of you not living in Oz) - hence the 'cooked' reference. However, all healthy salad goodness very much negated by the level of red wine and port consumed over the week.

The best sightseeing part was the Bonza Bike tour which took you all around Sydney.

Much PawPaw ointment was purchased and I was also wooed into getting Manuka honey. Supposedly this cures all ills. I'm waiting patiently for it to kill off my cough. As of tomorrow it will be a trip to the pharmacy and the honey can compete with the antibiotics to see who cures me first. I'm not going to play favourites.

HK is as boiling as ever and following the same theme as the last three months I have returned to a Tropical Cyclone warning. My money is on this kicking off either Tuesday night (so no peak hike) or just as I catch my flight to Tokyo on Saturday (mmm, turbulence).

Subject to plans not changing this really is my last week here, I even have a check out form to complete for the flat. The feedback form does not however have a question asking you to rate the level of mental trauma suffered from living in such a confined space. Maybe I'll leave that as additional feedback.

Right ho. Early night for me as doing a full day of work is going to be a bit of a shock to the system tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment