Thursday 2 September 2010

The last* day


* not really my last day.




So today was supposed to be wake up, pack up, head off. However, today is now wake up, pack for my holiday, hope that the apartment** can be left safely for two weeks, empty fridge, head off.




** for "apartment" read "tiny tiny room without walls".




However, today is my last day with my current Hong Kong team, who are somewhat amused that I have had been here only three months, had three leaving dos, and will be back in a fortnight. Ahem. Well, I'll only be back with them for a week (do you think I get to have another leaving do?). I do now have an official, official 'last day' - with a flight*** booked back to London and everything.




*** admittedly I have not received the flight confirmation but I am assured it is winging its way through the email ether to me.




Well, this week has flown by. Whilst at moments time went v e r y s l o w l y it does seem mere minutes ago that I arrived here, flip flops in one hand. Laptop in the other (which I promptly broke).




I was trying to think of my favourite HK moment in memory of leaving. However, as I'm not really I have a few (four) weeks respite until I need to make a final decision. Ooooh, what will it be!




Right, work then holidays. Bali here I come. Hurrah!


No comments:

Post a Comment