Sunday 11 July 2010

Currently NOT raining, hurrah etc!

Well hello. Sunday night already. How did that happen? It is HOT HOT HOT here in Honkers. The pilot called it 'honkers' as I landed so I feel it is an acceptable term - even if you did all stop me calling the blog "bonkers in honkers". Admittedly antics detailed on here to date would probably not merit such a title. I feel had I opted for this it would need me to amuse you with tales of eating jelly made from frogs genitalia (you genuinely can buy this as a dessert, it is a delicacy) and drinking yards of larger through beer-bongs. To date, I have done neither.

I did today go for Sunday brunch at the W hotel. A far more suitable activity. Oh yes. It is a huge "Aussie-style" buffet (I do not know what "Aussie style" is, but the signs assured me it was this). Our group was a mix of Chinese, English, German, Indian and Polish. Fortunately they still let us in. Phew.

Free flowing champagne (Perrier Jouet) was the main attraction (no champagne-bong provided but the service was excellent) alongside wagu beef (the massaged cow variety) and jelly sweets. You can guess the two areas I focused my attention on.

I have to admit the food was a let down, and ridiculously overpriced but, we were at the W, sat by the window, with harbour views. It was to be expected. I am slowly getting used to the enormous range in cost of living here. I can buy dinner for GBP1 or GBP100 and that does not include the top end places. Madness.

I then went for a stroll round the shops. Can I just point out that despite being liberally dosed up with champers, in full possession of my credit card and with this being the last day of the sales I did not buy a single item. Even going to Lanvin, Pringle, Prada, Mulberry and a host of other shops selling beautiful items with 70% off... Now THAT is will power. If only I could be as dedicated to my 'running' schedule. The planned 'long run' did not seem the thing to do when I made it home. I decided it may be bad for me after all the fizz. I wouldn't want to damage my health now, would I!

1 comment:

  1. You went to Lanvin. Drunk. With 70% off. And came out EMPTY HANDED????? Shall I call a doctor?? Did you call the HK NHS helpline equivalent??

    Hmm, now I am v worried..

    xx

    ReplyDelete