Monday 26 July 2010

A really long commute??

Well, if I ever thought international travel was glamorous I am now pretty much over that! Today was a flight to Tokyo, yes exciting, but it is late, I am tired and I have work in the morning.

The reason you 'benefit' from this sleepy post is that my room is 'not quite' ready so I am in the business centre. I'm not entirely sure when the hotel expected me to check in but in two minutes we are in tomorrow...

Airline managed to yet again not load a vegetarian meal (I honestly do request one when I book) but they did have red wine that tasted suspiciously like ribena - mmm.

My flight companion was of the chatty variety and for once I did not feign (ok, no feigning about it usually) sleep - I chatted for the entire flight. Seriously, talking to strangers appears to be what I do these days. A complete change from my London "if in doubt look at the floor" approach!

Anyway, much good chat about snake vodka, dubious meal choices and the woeful lack of vegetarian meals (admittedly he had not actually booked his...). I was almost disappointed when we landed.

Right, off to harass someone about my 'room'. I do hope you are tremendously well. Please send news as I am going to be sat in meeting rooms for the next few days so I believe it is my turn to live vicariously!

1 comment:

  1. Is ribena wine and snake vodka a new take on snakebite and black????

    Hope your room got sorted relatively quickly...

    xx

    ReplyDelete