Sunday 18 July 2010

Tales of Tokyo contunie

Hello. Well, I have decided that if I have even half a chance of describing Tokyo I'm going to have to split it down into each of the places I have visited and describe them individually. Aren't you lucky.

Well, hold that thought as I also think this will be a little time consuming and in ever-busy Tokyo time does not appear to be something I have a lot of. Most unusual. So you'll have to wait for those little rays of sunshine to make their way onto your life.

Tonight I am off for dinner and drinks with a lovely woman I met through Tokyo Free Guides. Tokyo Free Guides is possibly the best invention, ever. In the guide sense anyway. Basically you can book a guide, who will show you around the city, their time is free you pay for meals, train fares, admission fees etc. It is a brilliant system! Why is it only in Tokyo?? Anyway, we had a great time and are off out again this evening. Hurrah!

Am starting to feel like a slightly-less-inept traveller. I now have three 'oyster' cards (being oyster, octopus and penguin!). I have discovered new an unusual ways to meet people overseas without resorting to dubious online chat rooms or hanging around near the Love Hotels (more about that later). And I have a hat.

Right, must dash. Busy, busy.

1 comment:

  1. Just please tell me her second job isn't as a maid. If she turns up in hello kitty run for the hills..

    I am impressed - you have love hotels, in Toronto we just have love 'boutiques'..

    xx

    ReplyDelete