Wednesday 14 July 2010

I 'heart' TOKYO

Dear Tokyo.

I think I'm in love. Despite having spent hardly any time with you, and the majority of it in meetings, I feel we were destined to be together. What can I say, it's the tempura lunches served at low tables, the sushi prepared in front of you, the unknown quantity of money I spent at Winged Wheel due to not having grasped the exchange rate yet. I now think it is best I do not attempt to grasp it...

The glass of champagne with dinner may have turned my head, and I know it's early, but I really think we could have something. We may not be able to communicate properly but I think, with time, I could learn how your "map" system works. I can't promise to ever understand the metro but everyone has to compromise somewhere. I think we can meet halfway, probably in a taxi.

For you I will get up at 4am for the fish market. Eschew my dislike of buses and go on a morning tour of the City, bus-top style. Go to a 4 hour theatre production I know I cannot begin to hope to understand but I will know that it has an important message. It does not matter I do not know what that message is.

We have such a short time together, but let's make it special...

2 comments:

  1. Izzy and Tokyo up a tree.....

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iz - are you on Twitter? If not, get on it. I want to spread the word about your blog. In fact, I'll Tweet a link to your love letter to Tokyo this very day! It brought it a tear to my eye (well, it didn't really, but you get what I mean).
    @Andy_Hoskins x

    ReplyDelete