Thursday 22 July 2010

How do you eat a poached egg with chopsticks?

Seriously. How do you do it? This was the dilemma I was faced with at Tokyo airport early yesterday morning as I tucked into breakfast (number two). Not an easy task!

I made it back safely after a few (ok many) moments of concern about the tornado alert in HK and a pretty delayed arrival. Lots of passengers screaming as we landed as we went through (for "went" read "fell") pockets of air and strong winds.

Amber rain alert, which briefly turned to black (!), fortunately did not prevent the safe arrival of a good friend of mine. Hurrah! And she bought me mini cheddars, Hip Hip Hooray!

Only thing to do in receipt of such gifts was to take her somewhere nice, so we went to Hutong. Amazing views and absolutely wonderful food. (Please can more people visit so I have an excuse to go again!).

Dark walls, view of the bay, amazing service, brilliant company and a good old natter!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know but I would like to see what your solution was when you get home!

    Pleased you are having a fab time.

    xx

    ReplyDelete