Saturday 10 July 2010

Junks and pizza













The title really should put pizza first as it appears to have become a bit of a focus to my time here. Wednesday night, post Peak walk, we went to a cafe for a bite to eat. We must have looked a bit alarming as it was pretty hot on the walk up and we were still in our gym gear... Anyway, we ordered and when talking about a "small" pizza the waitress made a shape with her hands, about the size of a cup. I instantly upgraded to 'medium' and was wondering if the large was actually the best approach.










The pizza arrives. ENORMOUS. Possibly the biggest pizza ever. Square so difficult to do a size comparison with my favourite-ever, biggest-ever pizza, but we are talking big here. And pretty delicious. Yum. I did not even manage half so it was boxed up and formed meals for a couple of days after. (How wrong is it to eat pizza for breakfast?)


Since then I have been ordering pizza at every available opportunity. Yum, scrum. I really am having a carb based month!

Anyway, last night was drinks (and pizza). Really nice sitting outside with a glass (ok bottle,s) of wine, watching the world go by.

Today was junkaliciousness. That was genuinely its title. It is a good one. 30ish people + junk + drinks + food + sun + floaties. Cue a day out on the boat, bit of a swim, generally relaxing in the sun. Superb. I literally smothered myself head to foot in factor 50 (I could not have looked paler) which means I now have the benefit of no sunburn. Other than on my head. I do really need a hat!


We left at a leisurely hour this morning and took a couple of hours to head in the direction of Sai Kung. This is in the new territories (on a clear day you can see China). We moored (docked? downed anchor?) in a nice spot. Stunning.

The pictures are of the trip. Ace. If you look carefully you can spot the buildings of Hong Kong as we left the Island behind us.

I met a few people who sail here who have advised me that if I go to the yacht club on a Saturday morning before noon and leave my name and number on a blackboard, someone will call me if there is a space to crew that day. I am assured this is all above board so whilst it sounds very dubious indeed, I think I will give it a go. It's only two months I can get cranks calls for, right?

Am all sleepy from the sun now. Lazy night in it is. Zzzzz.

1 comment:

  1. Junkaliciousness? Brilliant word! Should be included in the dictionary immediately.

    Seriously I am loving your yachting lifestyle - I think you will have serious withdrawals back home - perhaps we should invest in a dinghy and really big paddling pool..

    Good luck with the blackboard - a novel approach to HK stalking um I mean finding a crew ...

    xxx

    ReplyDelete