Monday 7 June 2010

First day at work

So, clearly the title gives the punchline of this one away! Today was my first day in my new office.

I decided to risk the heat and walk to the office (which was met with some amusement by my colleagues). A nice walk in that it takes about 15-20 minutes from where I live, which gives me just under two hours extra time a day as compared to the London commute. So, heat was not sweltering, but definitely warmer than I'm used to. Cardigan safely in my bag to deal with ice-cold aircon on my arrival. Lou-lou, I know you're wondering, and yes, I did wear tights.

Anyway, walk a success but a plea to all you grazia readers to please scan and email me any "tropical beauty" or "hot for summer" makeup articles you come across. I'm not entirely convinced that having makeup that has basically melted halfway down my face is going to be a good look on a daily basis. Product suggestions please!

Office day went fine. I have a desk, a bin, stationery. All v good.

I decided to not explore this evening and instead to have a night of final jet-lag recovery. So a wander home via the supermarket. Those of you who have ever been in a supermarket know it is not a place where I usually (a) show restraint or (b) shop sensibly. However, I am amazed to admit that my entire shop (I won't bore you with the list) cost £22! £4 of this was for special K red berries (I couldn't for the life of me work out what to have for breakfast). Two aubergines cost 68p! This, I hasten to add was the "expensive" western supermarket. My oh my, I don't know ow I'll face Sainsburys on my return.

I also discovered that the Wanchai market was on, which is absolutely amazing (am I overusing the word amazing?). I never knew there were so many food products I couldn't name! Not for the squeamish as many items are kept alive until sale. Absolutely fascinating. It also caused me to take a bit of a detour (or two) as my carefully plotted route home was somewhat disrupted. Still, I made it back without too much of an issue having had a bit of an explore. I think I'll be doing my shopping there next week!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you walked in - all this healthy behaviour is starting to trouble me..

    Now to the important stuff: products. I know you have the magic Armani primer so use daily which should do wonders - also loose powder will become your friend (again Armani is great and doesnt make you look like a granny). Alternatively, Dermalogica do a great matifying moisturiser (is that a contradiction in terms?) but not sure how it works under make-up as I just wear it on its own.

    http://www.giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com/_us/_en/makeup/face/powder/micro-fil-loose-powder.htm

    Glad to hear you survived the market - I guess not too great for a veggie but I can understand how it must be fascinating!

    Well done on surviving your first day - v happy to hear that you have a bin and everything...

    xxx

    ReplyDelete