Thursday 10 June 2010

What a difference a day makes

Well, ok a night. Excitingly, last night was the first night I slept all the way through (albeit aided). I now understand why parents can spend so may hours talking to each other about "how long did it take before..." when discussing the sleep patterns of their various offspring. Miraculous. No jet lag, no fire alarm, no random insomnia. To be honest I mostly feel inclined to go straight back to sleep for another eight hours and do it all over again. But, work calls.

Today is dress down day at work and I have been advised "anything goes". I am not going to opt for a literal translation, and as a number of you have pointed out recently, I am pretty casusal, een on a smart day... However, I am somewhat fearful this may be to see what the new girl will wear (we've all seen the scene in legally blonde, but fear not, I've not (for once) packed baby pink tights and a leotard). I know, disappointing. Anyway, apparently it is a jeans and heels day. High heels. Which will make a change as office footwear of choice appears to be flats, which I am starting to quite like. But enough about footwear for one morning.

What other news do I have, well, next Wednesday is a bank holiday (hurrah!). I will look into the origins of this for you but at the moment all I know is that it is for the dragon boat racing, so I know where I'll be Wednesday. If anyone has a friend with a boat with a place for me to watch from - please do let me know ;o)

Enjoy the world cup fever. I thought I had left all that behind me but it now appears I am watching it Friday and Saturday, and at much less social hours....

Have a good Friday and speak soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment