Tuesday 22 June 2010

Pointing and smiling

Well, life continues in Hong Kong. I'm afraid I have nothing exciting to tell you. I go to work, I come home. I think about going to the gym. I actually go and get noodles. The noodles bars here are excellent. I have picked a definite favourite. I am now recognised on arrival and my order is automatically cooked up! This evening I caused some chaos by adding a side order to my "usual". This involved getting a colleague to write my order down for me, and taking it with me. It is amazing how far you can get with pointing and smiling.

Tomorrow I'm off to Happy Valley Races and then for the football. Or at least the pre-football drinks. I may actually watch this match. This could be my last chance. It is definitely is my last chance to go to Happy Valley. It is the last race there this season. Quite exciting!

2 comments:

  1. Ah but you are in Hong Kong so that is exciting in itself!!

    Glad to hear that you have found a Hiro replacement although don't go too crazy mixing it up with side orders more than once a week..

    Enjoy (?!?!?) the football.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pointing and smiling always works...In Albania I also throw in a few nods to show enthusiasm, although this causes some confusion as nodding means 'no'.....

    Nice to hear the Pateman tradition is continuing even when you are so far away....being welcomed by the local takeways :p

    ReplyDelete