Wednesday 9 June 2010

Time zones

As you will see from this post the jet lag has not entirely disappeared. I blame the fire alarm at 4.30am HK last night, although I am told by those who know such things that it takes one day for each hour so I've a while to go yet. Roll on next week!

It is quite strange being in an entirely different time zone, my working day is now planned in relation to when I need to be in contact with certain places and as a result I have the world time zone website pretty much permanently open on screen.

It also makes the benefit of technology clear, it is really nice to wake up to emails from friends who are going to bed as I wake up (depending on the jet lag levels). On this note can I just say how lovely it is getting all your emails and comments and for my wonderful phone call this evening. Really helps make me feel settled in and at home here so thanks!

Right - sleep hopefully calls. Fingers crossed the fire alarm does not "malfunction" again... I did love the explanatory note that advised there was no fire, it shouldn't have happened, they don't know why it happened but they are able to assure us it wont happen again. Have they permanently disabled it? Seems best not to ask...

1 comment:

  1. Ah the wonders of time zones hey - I remember how alien it was speaking to Jonathan when he was in Sydney. At first I wondered why he wasnt in work on a Friday afternoon (toronto time) until I realised it was Saturday morning in SYdney.. Can't get anything by me...

    Have you hit the sales yet??

    xx

    ReplyDelete