Tuesday 3 August 2010

Holidays!

Hello all. Well I am frequently told that the joy of Hong Kong is that "it is so easy to get to other places". Well, with 4.5 weeks to go of my time here it seemed time to book those all important holidays.

Mere moments (ok so it took a little while) on ebookers later I now have flights to Bali and Sydney. I hasten to add these were not booked in an orderly manner. Despite Bali being halfway to Oz, I have managed to get myself flights where I go HK - Bali - HK - Oz - HK. Nice. Good planning there! Note to self. Buy an atlas.

I have also booked with an airline that was until recently banned from flying to the EU due to safety concerns. Oh yes. Still, I used to drive a Ford KA on the M25. I know which is riskier. Crisp bag on wheels!

All well in HK. Last night I finally made the Peak Hike night again, three weeks missed due to Tokyo jaunts. Made it up to the top. Just. Feel it would be easier if I did go every week. Or did any other exercise. Ahem.

Moving quickly on to food tales I did get to have a delicious lunch at Zuma, and clearly the biggest pizza in the world post peak hike. The O Cafe does a pizza 1m sq. Yum!

Today is meetings, meetings, meetings. The excitement never stops. I expect I'll round off the day by doing my washing.

Mum arrives tomorrow, hurrah! I have heard tales of treats from home.... I have already had one exciting message saying twirls are in the post. Can this be true!? Hurry the plane, hurry the post!

Oh, hold on, I almost forgot the REALLY exxciting news! There is a Manolo here. New season arrives today. Maybe I will be amending those evening plans... (Shoes for work don't count dad!)

1 comment:

  1. 1m pizzas and pink Manolos followed by a jaunt to Bali? I think I may have to stop reading your blog soon...

    xx

    ReplyDelete