Saturday 7 August 2010

How could I forget Friday??

How could I forget Friday night?? First stop Star Ferry over to Kowloon. I love that ferry and it only costs 25p.
Next stop the waterside at Kowloon to watch the famous light show. I've seen this before from a boat but never from Kowloon where you can hear the accompanying music! The HK skyline is truly beautiful and the light / laser show is a combination of hilarious (due to the ridiculousness of it) and stunning.
Following the show we hopped in a cab to Temple Street (this is HK so no add-lee prices, you're looking at about GBP2 per trip) for the night market.
A lovely evening. I made my first proper HK purchase (jewellery box - now I just need to fill it). The Temple Street night market is the mens market. (There is also a ladies market). This means there are many a stall selling Calvin Klein y-fronts. Nice! Also clothes, electronics, leather goods and the usual tourist tat.
We went to one of the outside restaurants and had masses and masses of wonderful food. Razor clams, spicy tofu, piles of fried noodles, yum, triple, yum. Topped off nicely with ice cold beer.
We missed the opera singers but from the taxi experience (see earlier post) I am now slightly relieved!





1 comment:

  1. Could you bring the cheap cabs with you when you come back to London? I think they might come in handy...

    xx

    ReplyDelete