Wednesday 4 August 2010

One of those days

Ok. So its 10am and I'm in the ladies at a fancy hotel. Stepping out of my frock. (Yes you read that correctly). Not quite as bad as it sounds (possibly). I was there for a meeting. On the way there I had discovered that I had lent against something white. Which marked. I was in a black dress. Less than ideal.

10.15am, cup of tea and a muffin in hand, I make it to the sign in desk to collect my name badge. (Dress now back on). Cup of tea goes all over the sign in table. Muffin hits the floor. I am handed a second cup and second muffin. This (muffin2) also hits the floor. Why oh why does this happen to me?

So, I kept a low profile for the rest of the day. I think I avoided most further incidents.

By early afternoon I had gained sufficient confidence to take a trip to the Manolo Blahnik store. My first ever trip - can you believe it? And what timing. Almost as if to make up for the mornings humiliation, today was the first day of the sale. 50% off. Rows of beautiful shoes.

However, I was restrained and decided to sleep on it before purchasing. Hence, an early night for me. The quicker I sleep, the quicker I get to shop. Perfect logic, yes?

1 comment:

  1. Two words: Pink Manolos.

    That is all I have to say. I expect those two words to be the title of your next post (help me out here I need to shop vicariously...).

    xx

    ReplyDelete