Thursday 5 August 2010

Hutong again?

Last night I leave the office (it is dry and sunny) to collect mum from the airport. 1. she has whizzed through so I am late, 2. a red rainstorm kicks off, 3. no taxis, 4. grotty hotel (NEVER book the Novotel here).

So, the solution was to throw alcohol at the problem. This morning was a hot ribena and peanut butter, plus butter, on toast kind of a day.

Doing this in style we dressed up and went to Hutong for (yet another) FABULOUS meal. The asparagus with chilli and white sesame deserves a special mention and I will be hunting down the recipe. I really do like that restaurant!

After dinner we decided to keep on going and ventured upstairs to Aqua (see photo). Even more spectacular views (the rain makes it quite dramatic), more champers (always a good tipple to follow red wine) and the surreal experience of being in a bar playing house music, accompanied by my mother.

We had a great time and I was sad to remind myself I had work in the morning so we had to call it a night.

The rain continues to fall so plans remain 'fluid' (pardon the pun) this evening.

Many thanks to all who sent gifts across with mum. MUCH appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment